Wednesday, May 21, 2014

green eggs and toast


I'm crazy for avocados! I even had them for breakfast today.  This craving 
started when I ate them almost daily in Cali a few years ago. That was the first time I saw them on a breakfast plate though. Granted they practically fall out of the sky there and we're lucky to find a 
ripe one here on the East coast. 
Here's some of the recipes I'm trying this week.






Avocado toast is so easy, filling and healthy.  Just mash up a ripe one, a little salt and pepper and put it on a good piece of toast. Some recipes say to drizzle some olive oil on the toast but I didn't. 




Green eggs and toast done by Martha Stewart. Poached eggs, avocado, watercress on toasted sesame bread. You can find the recipe here.  YUM! I had one of these sans the watercress, only because I didn't have any.  







Finally, a baked egg inside an avocado.  Looks interesting and you can do it as you rush around getting ready in the morning.  I haven't tried this one yet.  Let me know if you do.

~~christine~~
all pics from Pinterest...thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the link dysfunction. Go here for the recipe. http://www.marthastewart.com/960743/sesame-toasts-poached-eggs-and-avocado?center=0&gallery=969857&slide=960743.

    ReplyDelete